In this episode of “Breaking Bread,” Chef Garrett Pickler is challenged to make singer Ashley Campbell’s New York inspired Thai Chicken Wings.
Ashley Campbell's Thai Chicken Wings
In this episode of "Breaking Bread," Chef Garrett Pickler is challenged to make singer Ashley Campbell's New York inspired Thai Chicken Wings.
- 1, 1/2 lbs chicken wings (full wings, not just drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- Fish sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
- Combine fish sauce, 5 cloves crushed garlic and sugar in bowl.
- Toss chicken wings in sauce and place in plastic bag.
- Place wings in fridge and marinate for several hours.
- Fry garlic in canola or vegetable oil until golden; set aside.
- Combine remaining garlic, fish sauce and sugar in pan and let simmer.
- Once marinated, remove wings from fridge and pat dry.
- Cook wings in fryer until golden brown.
- Once cooked, toss wings with fish sauce, fresh cilantro and fresh mint.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!