This recipe is everything you want wrangled into one, warm dip! It’s got a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with the cheese, chorizo sausage, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and lime.
Cowboy Skillet Queso
This recipe is everything you want wrangled into one, warm dip! It's got a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with the cheese, chorizo sausage, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and lime.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn fresh, can or frozen
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Ground cayenne pepper optional
- Add the chorizo to a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Cook until the sausage is no longer raw, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Donʼt add oil to the skillet.
- When the chorizo is finished cooking, drain any excess grease then dab the sausage with paper towels.
- Lower the heat to medium-low then fold in the tomatoes, both cheeses and milk. Stir until blended.
- After the cheeses are blended, gently fold in the black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes until everything is warm.
- Add a pinch of ground cayenne pepper to taste.
- Use black beans, corn, a sprinkle of cilantro and sliced avocado for garnish.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!