Abby Anderson's Chicken Tinga
Chef Garrett Pittler receives a warm welcome into singer Abby Anderson's home in an episode of "Breaking Bread" as they make one of her favorite childhood meals, Chicken Tinga.
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 to 5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 onion
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1, 1/2 cup water
- Olive or canola oil
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sour cream
- Boil chicken until cooked.
- Drain chicken and let cool.
- Once cool, shred chicken with hands.
- Once shredded, salt and set aside.
- In large pan saute onions with oil of choice until transparent.
- Wile onions are sweating, place chipotle peppers, chopped garlic and water in blender. (If it looks like a paste you need more water).
- Add shredded chicken and water mixture to skillet.
- Let simmer until most water is cooked out.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve on a tostada with finely sliced iceberg lettuce, sour cream and any other toppings of choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!