Ashley Campbell's Thai Chicken Wings
In this episode of "Breaking Bread," Chef Garrett Pickler is challenged to make singer Ashley Campbell's New York inspired Thai Chicken Wings.
- 1, 1/2 lbs chicken wings (full wings, not just drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- Fish sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
- Combine fish sauce, 5 cloves crushed garlic and sugar in bowl.
- Toss chicken wings in sauce and place in plastic bag.
- Place wings in fridge and marinate for several hours.
- Fry garlic in canola or vegetable oil until golden; set aside.
- Combine remaining garlic, fish sauce and sugar in pan and let simmer.
- Once marinated, remove wings from fridge and pat dry.
- Cook wings in fryer until golden brown.
- Once cooked, toss wings with fish sauce, fresh cilantro and fresh mint.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!