Buffalo Style Popcorn
This recipe combines the delicious buffalo wing flavor with popcorn to create an easy, flavorful snack.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 8 cups popped plain popcorn (from 1⁄2 cup kernels)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat parchment and a large bowl with nonstick spray.
- Add popcorn to bowl. Set baking sheet aside.
- Bring sugar and 1⁄4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil, swirling pan occasionally, until caramel is a deep amber color, about 10–12 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in hot sauce and butter (mixture will bubble vigorously). Return to a boil and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt, baking soda, and cayenne. Working quickly, pour caramel mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Spread out popcorn on prepared baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until dry, 15–20 minutes. Let cool.
- Store airtight at room temperature to keep out moisture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!