Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
These are not your average chocolate cookies. These are coated in confectioners’ sugar and give the illusion of a cracked outer shell, making every bite more exciting than the last.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla exract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture.
- Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into one inch balls.
- Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!