Cowboy Skillet Queso
This recipe is everything you want wrangled into one, warm dip! It's got a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with the cheese, chorizo sausage, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and lime.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn fresh, can or frozen
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Ground cayenne pepper optional
- Add the chorizo to a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Cook until the sausage is no longer raw, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Donʼt add oil to the skillet.
- When the chorizo is finished cooking, drain any excess grease then dab the sausage with paper towels.
- Lower the heat to medium-low then fold in the tomatoes, both cheeses and milk. Stir until blended.
- After the cheeses are blended, gently fold in the black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes until everything is warm.
- Add a pinch of ground cayenne pepper to taste.
- Use black beans, corn, a sprinkle of cilantro and sliced avocado for garnish.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!