Gooey Butter Cookies
These soft and chewy cookies are coated in powdered sugar and filled with rainbow sprinkles, they key ingredients for any celebration.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add the egg, almond extract and orange extract and mix until combined.
- Add the white cake mix and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of sprinkles.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours. The longer the dough chills, the less sticky it will be.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place powdered sugar in one bowl and the remaining 1/4 cup of sprinkles in another bowl.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball.
- Sprinkle with a few extra sprinkles and roll in powdered sugar, completely covering the dough ball.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!