Grandma's Country Pancakes
A fluffy dish, typically made to get the morning started, but acceptable for any time of day. Serve topped with butter and syrup.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Pure maple syrup
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl together. Use an electric mixer if possible.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk an egg. Add in the buttermilk and the melted butter.
- Mix in buttermilk egg mixture with dry ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Run a stick of butter over a warmed griddle (or a large, flat frying pan.) Be careful not to make it too hot. This will scorch the pancakes.
- For larger pancakes similar to Cracker Barrel's, pour on a 1/2 cup batter for each pancake (makes about 5)
- Serve with maple syrup and butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!