Bring a little bit of the suspense and thrill into your home with this "Longmire" chili, filled with beef, cheese and most importantly, beer. Enjoy this delicious recipe while watching the hit TV series, "Longmire" on Circle TV weekdays at 6/5c pm and Tuesday's at 10/9c pm.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes & green chilies undrained
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 (2 oz) cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Lower heat to medium, add onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper. Stir occasionally until tender, approximately 4-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add ground beef. Cook for 8-10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary.
- Add chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, black pepper and salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes & green chilies, and beer. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!