Tired of hard candies and chocolate bunnies from the drugstore? Well we have the perfect recipe for your sweet tooth this Easter! These gooey butter cookies will make the best Easter dessert, and will more than likely become a sweet staple in your household all through Spring! This easy recipe is ideal for anyone during the holidays because of their short-bake time, and the fun pastel colors will be a hit for the kids.
Gooey Butter Cookies
These soft and chewy cookies are coated in powdered sugar and filled with rainbow sprinkles, they key ingredients for any celebration.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add the egg, almond extract and orange extract and mix until combined.
- Add the white cake mix and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of sprinkles.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours. The longer the dough chills, the less sticky it will be.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place powdered sugar in one bowl and the remaining 1/4 cup of sprinkles in another bowl.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball.
- Sprinkle with a few extra sprinkles and roll in powdered sugar, completely covering the dough ball.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you want to see more of our recipe ideas, head over to Circle Kitchen where we share some irresistible and delicious recipes that are great for any occasion!