Chef Garrett Pittler receives a warm welcome into singer Abby Anderson’s home in an episode of “Breaking Bread” as they make one of her favorite childhood meals, Chicken Tinga.
Abby Anderson's Chicken Tinga
Chef Garrett Pittler receives a warm welcome into singer Abby Anderson's home in an episode of "Breaking Bread" as they make one of her favorite childhood meals, Chicken Tinga.
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 to 5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 onion
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1, 1/2 cup water
- Olive or canola oil
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sour cream
- Boil chicken until cooked.
- Drain chicken and let cool.
- Once cool, shred chicken with hands.
- Once shredded, salt and set aside.
- In large pan saute onions with oil of choice until transparent.
- Wile onions are sweating, place chipotle peppers, chopped garlic and water in blender. (If it looks like a paste you need more water).
- Add shredded chicken and water mixture to skillet.
- Let simmer until most water is cooked out.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve on a tostada with finely sliced iceberg lettuce, sour cream and any other toppings of choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!