This cool, creamy, homemade candy cane pie with a chocolate sandwich cookie crust will add a delicious peppermint twist to any holiday party.
Candy Cane Pie
This cool, creamy, homemade candy cane pie with a chocolate sandiwich cookie crust will add a delicious peppermint twist to any holiday party.
- 1 chocolate sandwich cookie crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese softened (two 8 oz packages)
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy canes or mints crushed
- 1 tub Whipped topping
- Crushed peppermint candy for decoration
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the food coloring, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese/powdered sugar bowl and mix until a uniform color.
- Mix in the 1⁄2 cup of peppermint candy bits with the cream cheese/powdered sugar.
- Add the powdered sugar/cream cheese mixture to the bowl of heavy whipping cream and mix together on low speed until combined.
- Pour mixture into chocolate sandwich cookie crust.
- Top pie with whipped topping and crushed peppermint.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours or until ready to serve.
TIP: A ready-to-go chocolate sandwich cookie crust, either store-bought or homemade, serves as our base in this simple recipe. TIP: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don't end up with lumps in your pie filling. TIP: If you use a store-bought chocolate crumb crust that comes in a foil pie pan, we'd suggest placing the whole thing (crust and foil pan) inside a glass pie plate to help with stability.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!