Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Did you know meatloaf was one of Elvis Presley's favorite meals?! He reportedly loved the dish so much he ate it every Sunday for six months straight. What could make this classic comfort meal even better? We took it to the next level with bacon of course. A unique twist on a classic!This meal is perfect to enjoy while watching classic Elvis movies on Circle NetworkMonday nights in August at 9/8c pm!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup divided use
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cooking for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Place the garlic and onion mixture in a large bowl along with the ground beef, salt, pepper, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Stir well to combine.
- Place the beef mixture on the sheet pan and shape into a loaf. Spread 1/4 cup of the ketchup over the loaf.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the loaf, tucking in the ends under the bottom. Brush the remaining ketchup over the bacon.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meat loaf registers 160 degrees F.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over the top. Slice, then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!