Ooey Gooey Oatmeal Cookies
These ooey gooey cookies are nothing short of incredible! Rumor has it that oatmeal cookies were one of Elvis' favorite treats! Melty chocolate, crunchy oatmeal, and buttery goodness.... What more could you want? This treat is perfect to enjoy while watching classic Elvis movies on Circle Network Monday nights in August at 9/8c pm!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mix to creamed mixture and stir well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place dough on baking sheet 2 in. apart
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!