Get ready to be blown away because Luke Combs is back at it again! This country music sensation has just released his sixth album titled “Gettin’ Old” today, March 24th. With every new release, Luke Combs continues to push the boundaries and redefine the genre, and this album is no exception.
Demonstrating both his vocal ability and his skills as a songwriter, the 33-year-old contributed to writing 15 out of the 18 songs on the album.
Among the tracks on the project that Combs didn’t write, “My Song Will Never Die” was co-written by Eric Church, Travis Meadows, and Jonathan Singleton, while “Where the Wild Things Are” was co-written by Randy Montana and Dave Turnbull. The third song is a beautiful cover by Luke of the Tracy Chapman song “Fast Car.”
The opening track titled “Growin’ Up and Gettin’ Old” takes the listener on a journey, offering a glimpse into Combs’ current state as a musician and individual, while also bridging the gap between his previous “Growin’ Up” album and new “Gettin’ Old” album.
“This album is about the stage of life I’m in right now. One that I’m sure a lot of us are in, have been through, or will go through,” Luke said on social media when announcing his album back in January.
He continued by saying, “It’s about coming of age, loving where life is now but at the same time missing how it used to be, continuing to fall for the one you love and loving them no matter what, living in the moment but still wondering how much time you have left, family, friends, being thankful, and leaving a legacy. Me and so many others have poured their hearts and souls into this record and I hope you love it as much as we do.”
On March 25, Combs will kick off his world tour from Arlington, Texas, with shows planned in various locations through the U.S. and includes overseas shows in Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, France, and Switzerland.
In addition to his busy touring schedule, Combs has also recently announced that he and his wife Nicole are expecting their second child in September 2023. They welcomed their first child together, baby boy Tex, last Fathers Day, on June 19, 2022.
Before releasing the new album in full, Combs shared a few tracks off the album to hold fans over including the title track “Growin’ Up and Gettin’ Old,” “Love You Anyway,” “Joe,” and the highly anticipated, “5 Leaf Clover.”
Combs has scored 15 consecutive number one hits since his debut single with “Hurricane” in 2016 and we can’t wait to see which one from the new album will be next!
Listen to Luke Combs “Gettin Old'” album below:
- “Growin’ Up and Gettin’ Old” (Luke Combs, Rob Snyder, Channing Wilson)
- “Hannah Ford Road” (Luke Combs, Jamie Davis)
- “Back 40 Back” (Luke Combs, Ray Fulcher, Jeff Hyde, Driver Williams)
- “You Found Yours” (Luke Combs, Thomas Archer, Dan Isbell, James McNair)
- “The Beer, The Band, and The Barstool” (Luke Combs, Rob Williford, Reid Isbell)
- “Still” (Luke Combs, Jamie Davis, Ray Fulcher, Dan Isbell, Dustin Nunley)
- “See Me Now” (Luke Combs, Kenton Bryant, Ray Fulcher, James McNair)
- “Joe” (Luke Combs, Erik Dylan, James Slater)
- “A Song Was Born” (Luke Combs, Casey Beathard, Dan Isbell, Reid Isbell)
- “My Song Will Never Die” (Eric Church, Travis Meadows, Jonathan Singleton)
- “Where the Wild Things Are” (Randy Montana, Dave Turnbull)
- “Love You Anyway” (Luke Combs, Ray Fulcher, Dan Isbell)
- “Take You With Me” (Luke Combs, James McNair, Rob Williford)
- “Fast Car” (Tracy Chapman)
- “Tattoo on a Sunburn” (Luke Combs, Ray Fulcher, Ben Hayslip, Dan Isbell)
- “5 Leaf Clover” (Luke Combs, Jessi Alexander, Chase McGill)
- “Fox in the Henhouse” (Luke Combs, Jamie Davis, Dan Isbell, Dustin Nunley)
- “The Part” (Luke Combs, Kenton Bryant, Ray Fulcher)